Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Why is it a problem for some that some women cut their hair?

Some people make a big deal at times because celebrity women or any other women cuts their hair like in a fade or cut it period. Long hair isn't everything. Women either cut their hair because they want to or they want to try a new style point blank. I know my mom is against me cutting my hair not in a fade but I'm cutting some so my hair could grow hell I might just keep it short! what's your opinion on this?Why is it a problem for some that some women cut their hair?
It isn't feminine enough, especially from guys point of view, and some women think this way too. Some believe it makes a woman look like a man, they can't their fingers through a short hair woman's hair and think it's gross because it's like dating another guy because of the short look.





I find it funny that no one finds it wrong that a guy wears their hair long (but I guess because Jesus did it's OK for men to do the same) but all hell breaks loose when a woman wants to chop her hair off. Do these people ever thought she might want to try a different look because sometimes, long hair can become repetitive and there comes a time when a woman wants to stand out from the sea of women with long hair?





Yes short hair IS beautiful and if I were you, I will go ahead and cut it anyway. It is your hair, do what makes you happy and do not worry what other people think. I had short hair for the last seven years and get compliments by both men and women and I'm far from butch and have a fiance.





That how society is and while there is no way to change it, you can go against what 'standard beauty' a woman should have because for every person that hates short hair, there will be more who loves it.Why is it a problem for some that some women cut their hair?
Some people apparently have nothing better to than rag on others %26amp; tell them how they should look. This has been discussed by longhairs a lot %26amp; there are a lot of different theories as to why folks try to dictate how someone else should look - jealousy, you don't fit their idea of how someone should look, petty meanness, etc.





I say it's your hair on your head, you should be able to wear the way you like it. The only exception might be if you are a minor %26amp; live with your parents, especially if they're the ones paying for the stylist. In that case, I would talk it over with them, calmly %26amp; logically, to reach a middle ground where you would all be happy. A good response I got from a hair forum I'm a member of is ';I am not here to decorate your world.'; Just be careful with your tone when you use this line, especially with your parents.





Hope that helps. Best of luck to you. :)
I think some women are used to thinking that long hair means beauty and sexiness. But some women look much better with shorter hair. I used to have pretty long hair when I was younger but it was a hassle, so I cut my hair short and it was kinda like a bob but just above the shoulders. And I kept cutting it shorter and shorter until the longest part of my hair was at my jaw line. I still remember when my friends freaked out when they saw me. But now I'm growing out my hair so that it would be shoulder length or just above the shoulders. Some people don't like change so if they had long hair for a long time, they aren't willing to get it cut shorter. Different people have different opinions.
i think most people that bother with the whole celebrity thing and making a big deal about their hair, have absolutely no life.


i mean i agree with you, people should be able to get their hair done the way they want without people being nosey and rude about it.


but see with your mom, and some other parents out there, they may just want you to keep your hair longer because its more of the traditional thing to do, and for some people its a religious thing.


and sometimes, men think longer hair is more sexy, ';cuz it gives them something to pull';. lol, i hear guys say it all the time.


but i agree people should be able to get their hair cut however they want.
A lot of people have this idea that the only way to be feminine (hair-wise) is with long, girly hair.





Personally, I think a lot of women look really good with short hair (Halle Berry, Winona Ryder). There's also a world of difference between short and long that a lot of other women should be willing to bridge.
Hair is like a security blanket for some, if not a lot of, women. It's a just a way to feel less insecure. For others, though, it's a canvas for experimentation. It really just depends.
I guess some women think it would make them look manly, and others think of their hair as sort of a security blanket, and without it they might feel like they're not beautiful.


I could understand that, I mean they need their hair for emotional support.





The thing I don't like is when people judge a girl by their hair length when they look completely fine!


The whole fade thing I saw Rihanna get the other day...was fabulous!


She looks great, but I have heard some people say she's crazy for buzzing off her hair, which I might have agreed with if she looked awful. But, she doesn't, she looks fantastic!





Being a girl with short hair does have it's ups and downs, trust me %26gt;.%26lt;


I have some people come up to me and ask me, ';Why did you cut off all your hair?'; (Which I didn't! It's past my chin ;))


And I also get some people who ask me who did it, what style it is in, and that tell me I have great hair :D

No comments:

Post a Comment