Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Why do some Pentocostal churches call it a sin for a woman to cut her hair?

Also, some don't allow make-up, but the women use tanning beds and wear artificial nails,why is that?Why do some Pentocostal churches call it a sin for a woman to cut her hair?
As usual, it is a mistaken interpretation of a simple scripture.


1 Corinthians 11:15 ';if a woman has long hair, it is a glory to her';


Of course, this was a suggestion ....not a law.


However, those that go to the extreme include make-up, etc.Why do some Pentocostal churches call it a sin for a woman to cut her hair?
omg! i go to a pentecostal church and ive been raised there! i have realy long hair but i do wear makeup and stuff its not a sin or anythin,,,hez not gonna damn me to hell it says beauty is from the inside and thatz how god sees us.

Report Abuse



My church is pentocostal and we cann do those things. That's like old style kind of strict when some churches dont let you do that. My church lets you.

Report Abuse



I agree with arkieangel2000 I just recently became pentecostal. I've learned not to be materialistic nor vein. I don't wear wear make up not just because of the scripture but because I feel like I'm hiding who I really am. I believe in inner beauty and by using make up I feel as though I'm destroying what God has given me, telling him that I hate his work. I also don't use artificial nails or tanning beds. It goes back to my inner beauty belief and think of it as being very vein and I'm not. More churches are stricter than others
1 Corinthians 11:14-15


14Does not the very nature of things teach you that if a man has long hair, it is a disgrace to him, 15but that if a woman has long hair, it is her glory? For long hair is given to her as a covering.
Because they are mistakenly believing that love for God is based upon what we do rather than what Jesus did.





Jesus accepts all of us just as we are. We are not told to change anything in order to come to Him.





Rules and regulations are not what it is about. Jesus' life, suffering, death, burial, and resurrection are.
thats a new one on me
This is cultural stuff from long ago and has nothing to do with a religious mind. This comes from a time when women were required to be submissive to men, obeying the male culture rules down to how she wore her hair. Men thought they needed to keep women under control or they themselves could not be religious. We have certainly become more enlightened than that in the last two thousand years.
I've had enough of religions that tell you what to do, not to do, how to think, how to act, how to feel, what to say, what not to say, and this one- not to cut your hair, what to eat, what not to eat, if you're supposed to wear socks to services, when to have sex (only when you're trying to conceive, damnit!!!!), how much money to put in the collection basket (has to be a certain % of your pay!!!), what time to have breakfast, when you can or cannot shave, tell you not to take birth control pills......................


Doesn't this sound totally freakin' ridiculous?????????????


Who in the hell, besides our beloved Jesus, put these restrictions on our lives? Was that what God intended when he gave us birth? He would NEVER want us to be all paranoid because of doing one of these stupid things. There!!!!!!!!!


P.S. They do this because they all have a power and control issue, which, by the way, is called ';abuse.'; Ask any domestic violence organization.
I am Pentecostal and do not cut my hair, wear makeup, jewelry, fake nails, or tan. I CHOOSE this life because I feel it is something God has asked of me. I have carefully studied the scripture and apply 1 Corinthians 11:5-6, and


1 Timothy 2:9 very literally to my life. I know Pentecost women that do cut their hair and wear makeup, for them it may not be sin that's not my call to make. But for me, since I feel convicted of it, it would be a sin to go back to the life I led before coming to Christ.
Why? Because they are mentally ill goblins who have formalized and institutionalized their madness. Oh, it's SUCH A SIN for a woman to cut her hair... they may as well demand that all true believers adorn themselves with banana peels, only speak in a Bozo the Clown falsetto, and practice kung-fu with one hand.


I'm sure many Pentecostals WOULD do these things if asked, too... that's the scary thing!
Because the Bible says that a woman's long hair is her 'glory.' And the rest has to do with vanity and looking like a harlot.
Control - it's all about control . . .= power





They who make the rules for 'others' to follow -


And those 'others' choose to do so . . .


They (others) are controlled =


power to the rule makers/enforcers/leaders
Because it's their belief.
I see the Bible verse they refer to has already been mentioned. When I was in Puerto Rico I met many wonderful Pentecostal ladies. I have also met a few in different states. I think they are doing a good job being sincere in their beliefs, and I also think their adherence to these standards helps eliminate gender confusion. I don't know which women you know who go to tanning beds and have fake nails. All the ones I met were about as natural as you could get, even avoiding makeup and most jewelry. In fact, as a Mormon missionary in Puerto Rico I actually decided to get earrings partly to show that it was ok to have one set of earrings and still be modest and Christian and feminine and respect the Bible.
Sounds stupid
It's an interpretation of a biblical reference to how women should dress and act. Each church usually interprets the passages in a different way.
I believe that the womens hair is her glory. But I also think that you should be able to make your self feel better and look nice.





I am Pentocostal and I don't were make up or tan but I do people who do.





A lot is on there own conviction with God.
Legalism

No comments:

Post a Comment