Monday, March 8, 2010

How many women cut their hair for basic training in the military?

I just want to know because I was considering cutting my hair for basic training in a few months, because I have really thick hair.How many women cut their hair for basic training in the military?
Plenty of women keep long hair, but, personally, it's a big hassle to deal with it. In the Army, if you're in a field environment, you get hot, sweaty, and dirty, and the last thing you need is to have to wash and care for long hair. I have thick, wavy hair and I always kept my hair fairly short, just for convenience sake, although I always ensured my haircuts were feminine looking.How many women cut their hair for basic training in the military?
I have very think, curly hair. I would not recommend cutting it if you cannot get it to lay flat and stay decent at all times, in all weather, and under a lot of physical labor. The bottom of the hair can touch the top edge of the collar, but cannot extend below the bottom portion of the collar....fairly short. If your hair is unruly at all, I would leave it at a length that allows you to pull it back tightly. I used to make a very low ponytail (near the base of my hairline), then braid it and tie off the end...and then wrap that around until it looked like a bun and tied it up that way. WIth the 3 hairbands, it was very tight and stayed put. It also helps to put it up wet and use gel to keep the hair in place on top of your head. Whatever you do, practice it and be good at it before you leave. YOu need something that will stay put all day after a lot of physical exertion .You DO NOT want your hair needing to be dealt with in the middle of training. THey will be all over you for that.
all cut there hair

No comments:

Post a Comment