Monday, March 8, 2010

Why do some women cut off all their hair for emotional releif?

I know of a few women personaly who have done it, and have seen it done on t.v. (on Tyra's show yesterday). After a bad breakup with a boyfriend or other major life issues...What is the connection between hair and emotional relief? Is it a safer form of self-mutilation, or not related to that?Why do some women cut off all their hair for emotional releif?
I suppose so because when you are emotionally hurt you don't feel good about yourself and you don't try to look attractive.Why do some women cut off all their hair for emotional releif?
It is a matter of certainty and uncertainty. Women have a need for both, when they go through a major life change there is a high level of uncertainty. Thus they need to balance things out, therefore by cutting there hair they have total control over that and are certain they know what will happen.





Also women will do that as a sign of change, drastically cutting a woman's hair marks the beginning of a new chapter in.





Shannon
ive done it before. personally my hair is very thick and heavy and it was always very long, down to my waist. when my boyfriend died i had a horrible time with it and i guess i just wanted to make myself new again. turn into someone else and that was one very identifying thing i could easily change. i guess we want to change on the inside but its easier to change on the outside... soooooo off with her hair! it felt sooo liberating. literally lifting some weight. i had it cut into an awesome angled bob and i looked and felt good, at least in the aspect of my hair. it gave me something new to be and to talk about. no one could believe i did it! so that's my own story of cutting hair off!
well we see men as STRONG individual





I believe women cut their hair, shorten like men's hairstyle...


they feel they are strong...


Want the world to know, I'm STRONG, emotionally strong.





Long hair represents weakeness.





I see Ellen Degeneres, she must have went through so much in her past life... she cut her hair, no makeup, wearing men's clothes.





So psychologically, she must be feeling mighty strong.
It's like getting rid of a bad memory,


you can't ';wash him out of your hair';, so you just cut it off.


In some places, it's actually a tradition to cut your hair after a break-up.





((Or so I've been told...))
Maybe some kind of an emotional release???????????? I seen that show yesterday too,actually I am watcher Tyra right NOW baby!!!
Its better then cutting yourself, and if your in emotional pain your not gonna wana comb long hair every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment