Monday, March 8, 2010

Forbidden for girls/women to cut their hair in Islam?

I've been told various ideas on this issue. My grandmother told me that on the Day of Judgment, females will be naked so they will need their long hair to cover their body. However, I've been told by others this is false, so I'm very confused. Could anyone please enlighten me on this issue; I would really appreciate it!Forbidden for girls/women to cut their hair in Islam?
I think I know why you would think that. A lot of muslims get the wrong information and think that girls can't cut their hair short, but that's not true.


You are allowed to cut your hair short, considering that you don't look like a boy, because that would be like trying to act like a boy. But don't get confused, you could cut your hair short.Forbidden for girls/women to cut their hair in Islam?
As for Hanbali, we state it as makroo..4 a new born girl baby itself it s not stated in ahadith 2 shave t head though t baby looks t same (boy or girl) unless undressed.so why do u cut them unless it is necessary(if there is any disease(Allah forbade it)). And ur grandma said right abt judgement day

Report Abuse



mashallah saada is v.intelligent for a 12 y/o :)


she is right and said it simply .. you can cut your hair and we all do it ofcourse or you would have found our hair longer then us hehe ..


just don't imitate the men is the thing i know (as in cutting it like men to look like them)
it's not forbidden,it's just a woman cannot look like a man and a man cannot look like a woman (that is truely haraam)
hello rose :)





its not obligatory to grow hair long.





i dunno about the authenticity of that hadeeth.

No comments:

Post a Comment